Partnerships, R&D and Technical Intelligence
Since its creation in 1992, SONATS has always placed great emphasis on research and development. In 2017, more than 10% of our turnover was invested in innovation projects.
In its race for innovation and R&D development, SONATS focuses on the following areas of research:
- Study of the influence of SONATS processes for new applications
(For example: Study of the improvement of fatigue resistance of ladder scale 1 bridge girders using ultrasonic impact treatment)
- Simulation of ultrasonic shot peening
- Development of new surface treatment processes
- Development of non destructive residual stresses testing method
- In-house development of new surface treatment equipment
- Development of new functions for special machines
(For example: automatic medias dispensers)
To conduct these various projects SONATS relies on both our internal skills as well as on the experts of the EUROPE TECHNOLOGIES group. Partnerships with research institutes or technical centres are also indispensable bases for ambitious projects for SONATS.
The following is a list of partners who have helped us develop and study the advantages of our processes: